Click here if you are having website access problems ×

6 inch Diameter None Cat Caterham silencer

Wingnut

Hi, I have just put this for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested, Ebay# 143936363642

This is a genuine Caterham, none CAT 6 inch diameter silencer off my 1.6K series Caterham seven.

I moved from the standard 4-1 CAT exhaust to the none CAT 4-2-1 exhaust from 2004 to 2018, this auction is just for the silencer, it is in good condition, there is no corrosion and is made of stainless steel which polishes up nicely, although I only ever bothered with the bits you can see.

The only reason that I have swapped it out is that I have started a bit of Hill Climbing and Sprinting and the class I am in requires a CAT for the age of my car (when on my Caterham the none CAT silencer was never mentioned at MOT time in 14 years), you can see the occasional black marker on the silencer where it was used to measure up for my new silencer.

If you are buying for another car, it is designed for a left hand exit as you are sat in a RHD car, the inlet and outlets are not centred, but offset, I have done a little diagram of its dimensions, and I have tried to represent these offsets as it sat on my car. I am afraid I unable to give any advice on what other vehicles it may fit as dimensions are bound to vary so much.

Anyway, I think a £100 start, including postage (not Hermes) is fair, anything less and I may as well keep it in case at some point my enthusiasm exceeds my ability on a naggery hill and we move her back to being a road car.

Sorry, UK Bidders only

I also have the original K series 4-1 complete CAT system as well that I can put on Ebay if anyone is interested.

Thanks for looking, Mark

Hi Pete

I have had a quick look at the original full exhaust today, It is marked up as a: Cheeseman CSP362, as I have said it is off my 2000, 1.6K series, standard width car, Their is nothing on it to say it has a Catalytic converter, but the first 6-7 inches of the silencer are I believe where the Cat is, this part appears to be made of a different material and is labled: Kemira 80850 9906502, a quick search on the internet (Google, not Bing) indicates that Kemira make Catalytic converters. It may be worth checking what you have to make sure it is not the same. I think all cars from around 2000 all came with a Cat exhaust, although I am not an expert in these matters.

The exhaust was only on the car from 2000 - 2004, and a brief spell in 2017 - 2018 when I did the introduction to sprinting and my first couple of sprints. Its in good condition but would benefit from a good polish.

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Mark