Click here if you are having website access problems ×

identifying Paint

mandalman

I feel sure this must have been asked but a cursory search didn't reveal anything so please except my apologies.

I would like to identify the colour of my car but all of the documentation I possess merely lists orange or 'burnt orange'. I think it might be the original colour of the car (it's certainly the same colour on the Superlight R register) but  I have rarely seen another example. Photos are deceptive as it usually appears as a red but in the flesh it is most definitely a deep orange.

Does anybody have knowledge of what colours were originally availablethumbnail_IMG_1278-1030x773.thumb.jpg.a8f06dfdd8a541094df1deaf93e2ec61.jpg on the Superlight R's in 1999.

Failing that did (or do) Caterham stick to  a specific colour system  - RAL, BS381C or BS 4800?

That's Bizarre Charles. I didn't know who TSK were so I googled them and discovered they are on the same estate as GP Sevens where I bought my car!

I should perhaps explain the reason for my  question a little more. I am hopefully going to be collecting a Safety Devices Roll cage from another local member this week. The side intrusion bars were unfortunately fire damaged and will need re-powder coating so I thought whilst I was at it I might as well get everything powder coated and I quite fancied getting it all done in a matching shade of orange. Thus the question as to whether or not Caterham colours  align with the RAL or BS system  because then I know I would be able to get a powder coater to match it.

• Leadership Team

TSK (Aka "Tony the Brush") only moved from Erith to next to GP Sevens last year.  Great people to do business with and the move addresses the only problem with their old premises which was ease of access...