Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR - ideas for QR wheel/boss for Swoopy Dash?

NeilCSR

Looked at all sorts of options, haven't found anything that allows a QR wheel / Boss on a Swoopy Dash CSR.

Could extend the column but that would bring the wheel too close (closer already than a normal flat dash layout).

Has anyone managed to find a viable option?  Don't mind losing the centre-push horn, any ideas?

Neil

• Leadership Team

Neil - I think this has been done by someone in the past.  Have you tried the 'Google Site Search' button at the top of the page, or maybe it was on the (now, sadly neglected) csrinforme forum?

But even if it is doable, I think you'll find that the wheel will be pushed significantly rearwards into the cabin unless you are prepared to sacrifice the column mounted stalks and switches.

I'll be watching to see how you get on!

James

Thanks for the advice, I'd seen the old csrinforme mod but wondered if since then anyone had come across anything that didn't require welding of the column - there are quite a few different QR systems around now and maybe one of these could be adaptable without too much modification.

I changed the Momo (but using same boss) to a smaller (260mm) thick suede Mota-Lita, great and comfortable wheel which makes getting in/out with hood up a bit easier but not as much as a QR.  The standard boss is quite deep and I'm sure it would be possible to fit a QR boss (probably losing the push horn and likely self-cancelling as well) and retain the distance.

Maybe one does exist - possibly one that Caterham offered once and have long since dropped, but I haven't found it yet.  Keep looking....

Neil

This is a 30mm QR piece, looks well made https://www.i-mania.be/universeel-billet-aluminum-thin-versie-auto-steering-wheel-quick-release-kit-met-security-lock-voor-modified-en-racing-car.html?fee=6&fep

If you don't want the extra 30mm added to your boss you could have the original turned down and have a plate welded to it to accept this QR