Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620R SV for sale

Doctor

This caught my eye on the Autotrader:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902275343126?postcode=sk91eh&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&aggregatedTrim=620%20R&make=CATERHAM&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Does anybody know the car? Any comments? The price to me feels a bit lower than it should be: 1200minles, all bells and whistles.

Shame the chasis isn't CSR.*driving*

Any comments?

It is unusual to see a plumbed in fire extinguisher on a car used mainly on the road.

It may have only done 1200 miles, but I expect that they were fairly hard ones.

Edited to add that this is probably backed up by the fact it is currently on a SORN.

• Area Representative

Seems reasonably priced for a 620. There seemed to be a lot of 620s up for sale with very little use?  Too much of a handful for most owners or just another new toy for the well off to play with over a couple of weekends and then get bored and move to the next new toy? I really struggle to understand why a car that is essentially like every other Caterham is sold new for close on £60k? £45k is at least more sensibly priced. It says import, does it mean there is an import duty to pay maybe?

Nick

As Cagey says, with the full cage and other "race" items it looks, at the very least, that it has been used as a trackday tool. Not necessarily anything wrong with that if it has been looked after but I would want to know the history in some detail.

Looks awesome though!

Are we forgetting the fact that we all drive a racecar???

My CSR R500 (might soon be for sale) has about 16.000 miles and I do 4-5 track days a year where I do not hang about. 

Caterham is supposed to be driven at full throttle at the exit of the corner, otherwise it does not work properly. 

This thing has 1200 miles (!) on the clock. Even if all of them are on the track (which I doubt), the car will be fine. 

I'm selling my 620s as I just don't get the use from it as I only take it out in the dry and there's been very little of that this year plus my wife won't get in it. Fancy an Elise instead..........I miss practicalities!