Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R300 duratec

Hi 

Just wondered if anyone could confirm what bhp my car has its just been registerd as new but the engine is an R300  2.0 Duratec wet sump SVA 2010 , (thats what it says on the original reciept) has this got 175BHP ??? . looking at having the  roller barrell /throttle bodies and wondering what this would give me (220??) the guy ive spoke to said my car need cams and valves as well , is that all part of it?. Im total engine novice so just trying to get a handle on it all. Any info /advice greatly recieved*smile* 

(I must type faster!...)

CC quoted 175bhp on the R300D order form.  Their cam upgrade will raise this to 210bhp (= R400D),  and the RBs will take this to 220bhp.

The valves remain the same, but CC recommend upgrading the valve springs with the RBs.

JV

The R300 / 360R is a standard Duratec with 175bhp

The R400 / 420R kit adds cams, injectors and ECU at £2300 and has 210bhp and an 8000 rev limit.

The 220bhp at £5300 kit adds roller barrels, cams and injectors.

The roller barrels on their own cost £3700 and will get you to 195bhp

Above this you need pistons, rods, head work etc. etc.

The 210bhp is the best addition cost wise, the roller barrels add character with more noise and 10bhp to the R400 spec but cost a hell of a lot.

Hi 

Great thanks , much appreciated , yes the roller barrells do seem a hell of a lot , are those costs from caterham themselves? ive spoke to a guy who recomended putting my car on the rolling rd and getting it properly set up / mapped (its a bit hesitant and lumpy i feel with a tendency for the revs to drop and sometimes cut out when pulling away) but said if i did the other wk which you've descibed i'd then have to have it rolling roaded again  after that (another £400-£500) hence the thought of doing the wk now.

Choices Choices!!!

Fitting none Caterham parts will mean the vehicle will not retain it's value......

It probably won't meet it's claimed performance figures either.......

We offer a 225 performance upgrade that yes...does produce 225bhp and 15lbsft more torque than the claimed figure from the Caterham upgrade.  It's the torque you will notice more than the bhp.  Our installation features uprated rod bolts and an unlocked ECU so if you want to upgrade further in the future, your ECU can be reprogrammed.  We also measure and adjust the valve clearance for the new cams so your engine will sound great on idle.

All our upgrades are signed off on the rolling road ensuring there are no calibration issues and no driveability issues.  We'll also give you a copy of the power and torque curves so you can keep it with your vehicle history and show it when you come to sell it.  Do Caterham do this....*nono*

Regards

SKC