Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Replacing a 125bhp Sigma with a 310R VVC engine

andyl

Has anybody done this?

Can I just get the 125bhp ecu reflashed or do I need a new ecu?

If it's a new ecu is it also a new harness or can the existing harness be modified?

All help appreciated!

The 125bhp engine is a fixed rather than a variable cam engine. As such, it cannot be upgraded to the 310 spec which is the variable cam engine upgraded from the 135bhp.( 270 engine) I looked into the cost of a complete new engine from CC a year or two back and it was over £6K then £1500 to upgrade to 310 spec which involves new cams, followers and springs plus a new ECU. Cost wise it would be better to speak to Stuart at Premier power about his F 155 upgrade. 

Hi Andy,

This is exactly what we have done on our car.  The car is a 2012 Supersport that we have fitted a Ti-VCT Sigma into.

We can supply an installation kit (which we would prefer to install) that would allow you to run this engine in a fixed cam Sigma car. Our installation includes a Life Racing ECU which gives fantastic cam control and has built in controls to protect again engine failures (oil pressure / fuel pressure and water temp trips).  We feel this is a better option than the MBE ECU.  The MBE ECU used on the Ti-VCT Sigma is not the same as used on the fixed cam engines and is twice the price.  As part of this job, we do have a base ECU calibration, but as with all our upgrades we would want to sign off the calibration on your car before releasing it.

I'm not at work at he moment so I can't give you exact prices but if your interested, email me and I'll send you some details.

Andy has mentioned our F155 upgrade but I'd be interested in pricing up this conversion as I doubt there wold be much difference in the price.  I have seen the engine that is for sale.  We could also do an upgrade on this in the future to put a set of our throttle bodies on it that would take it upto 160bhp +.  Buying this engine and the installation kit would give you a great platform for future upgrades as you will have already purchased the expensive bit that will carry over on our other upgrades.

Regards

SKC

Sounds expensive..

Perhaps do as i did..

Traded in the 125bhp for a 135bhp ti-vct car.

Then hot sevens and classic to carry out the 310 conversion inc lightweight flywheel.

Cost was way better value than i first imagined.

Car is also 2 years younger and orange.....

Message me if want more info.

.....Or another option, keep you current engine and just fit one of our ultralight flywheel and clutches.  Makes the engine feel more responsive that a 140 upgrade. And about half the price.

Regards

SKC