Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting dome filter and backplate

Paul Mason

Thanks Stu, that's on the list for investigation. Going to see if I can loan (or just buy from Jenvey subject to cost) some spacers too, as pushing the whole kit and caboodle out towards the side of the car an inch or so may create the required space. I should have perhaps listened to those who said "why" when I started this.....however, I wouldn't have had all this fun learning....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

If you want to fit a a filter what you need are a set of Emerald adjustable intake trumpets with 2 extra clamps. This allows you to move the filter backplate to the required distance from the throttle boddies. I am looking to remove my airbox but will be making a filter backplate and fastening it directly to the rear of the intake trumpets similar to the Sigma engined cars with throttle boddies.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

You are welcome to have a look, can't make Sunday as I'm out mountain biking with the other half.

I used a blank Pipercross back plate and cut out all the relevant holes, but had to mount it upside down due to the design of the filter.

The back plate is bonded and bolted to the rear of the intake trumpets. I used the cheapest Pipercross filter and the backplate cost about £20. A much neater job could be done with an ITG filter and backplate due the different fittings and I would bias the backplate toward the front and upwards slightly. I should have it all finished by next week although I have been delayed working on my friends balistic bath tubIMG_2842.thumb.JPG.37e82de871b619731ab00e2ecf071c36.JPG