Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The original 'Prisoner' 1500 Cosworth KAR 120C (ex Graham Nearn) for sale in Switzerland?

Wile7

It has provenance....and looks lovely.  Well traveled to0 (globally i mean).

Yours for approx. £48,000.

On Anibis (a kind of Swiss eBay):

https://www.anibis.ch/fr/d-automobiles-voitures-de-tourisme--113/lotus-super-seven-1500-cosworth--24252265.aspx?siac=1&fts=lotus+seven&sf=pri&view=2&fcid=0

Or here on autoscout24:

https://www.autoscout24.ch/de/d/lotus-super-seven-cabriolet-occasion?utm_campaign=anibis&utm_medium=objects&utm_source=anibis&vehid=5703764

If I had the money I'd jump (and I have no real idea what the market is for these early cars...).

I just love it!

Dave

Interesting... there is a car on a thread on Piston heads at the moment registration KAR 120C in the states I think. It's a SLR/notanR500 ( you would have to read the thread but it's badged R500 but is apparently not. ) 

The original plate was transferred off this according to the blurb.....and replaced with a J plate.

In the states I think ( *rolleyes* ) you can get almost anything within your 'state' if it's available and you can pay....and the same plate can be had in Ohio or Michigan or Texas etc.  with the correct state identifier attached.

Maybe someone from the USA7s group can advise....that would explain why KAR 120C is in several locations possibly...

Or just blatant 'plate stealing and counterfeiting' *biggrin* *cop*

• Leadership Team

Steve (USA KAR120C) has recently joined here so may be along shortly to explain how it's worked for him in the US, although I think his car may not yet be road registered so it could be irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

The car is not a ‘fake’ but accept that they used a number of cars for the series. The point is that the car came from Graham Nearn’s own collection and I struggle to understand why they would lie about that.

Anyway, I just posted the ad and if folk think it’s ‘fake’ or ‘real’ that’s your call. It’s a lovely car, part of the Lotus history (IMHO) and hopefully will it find a good home - back in the UK with luck *thumbs_up_thumb*