Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Water Rail Leak

Silver Machine

I have replaced my 20yr old coolant hoses on a k series with silicone. Drilled thermostat while at it. Refilled and all runs well other than a slight drip from the T piece where the hose from the heater joins the water rail and what I think may be a temp sensor. Leak is from the nut/washer on the T piece. Is this a matter of undo bolt, new washer etc or is there some wisdom I should possess before wielding the spanner. I have obviously upset the seal between what I think is a sensor and the rail while replacing the hoses. As always many thanks for any advice offered.

Working on getting a photograph. The drip is from where the temp sensor bolts into the rail. Its not the tapered one that goes to the gauge but a much larger one that I think may go to the ECU. I think it might be resolved by  removing and reinstalled with some PTFE tape.However a bit of guidance before I do more potential damage would be appreciated. I am afraid of damaging the weld on the water rail while removing the Sensor. Seems there are more than one type of water rail on the K Series so I understand a picture might help