Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Petty strut - imperial

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

As the sprinters prepare for the new season, I have the above for sale. It came with my 2000 SLR, albeit I never fitted it to the car. The previous owner only used the car for trackdays.

I had meant to pass it to Chris Bramall at the last Management Team meeting, but forgot to do so at the last minute!

To ensure it goes to the right home, I happy to send pics / take measurements via PM

located nr Derby

£30 to RaD 

Rog

• Leadership Team

Good afternoon guys, sorry for the delay in replying - elderly parents challenges have not helped with timely responses

so in order of first response 

Jonathan - the upper fitment of the bar attaches to the upper near side of the roll bar strut ((the strut going into the boot)- so it should fit a 96 car. I am happy to either post, or depending on your location and how quickly you need it, I can drop it off or arrange a meet. I travel extensively in the UK for work.

Andrew- your second dibs noted. I have the same single diagonal FIA bar

hope this helps and thanks for your patience

Rog

• Area Representative

Andrew,

On the Arch made FIA bar, the homologation sticker would have originally been on the roll over bar itself rather than the petty strut.

On the later trackday bar and matching petty strut, the sticker will be on the petty strut.

• Area Representative

Thanks Richard, not sure if I have an issue then, I am hoping to take part in some of the speed championships the club do, and neither my strut OR the roll bar have this sticker applied, the Petty struts I have access to, one has a sticker but one doesn't (the one in my garage doesn't) and for Arch/Caterham cars etc to confirm the details they need the original batch number/receipt number? Considering my car is 24 years old as is the equipment I can't get confirmation of that. So like I say, I'm not sure if I have an issue or not? Best ask a question on the right forum I reckon.