Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sensors/Senders - 420 Duratec

AdamQ

I'm in the process of building a (new) Seven 420.  The engine will not be a Caterham-supplied unit, but will be Caterham 420 spec and will use the standard Caterham ECU.

My mind is turning to the various senders/sensors that I will need.  What I'm after I suppose are details of which are bespoke Caterham and which are not.  In the latter case, any part numbers or details of the vehicles they are from would be extremely useful.  So far I have the following list.

Throttle Position Sensor (already sourced)

Crankshaft Position Sensor (already sourced)

Water Temperature Sensor (ECU)

Water Temperature Sensor (gauge)

Air Temperature Sensor

Oil Pressure Sender

Lambda Sensor

Manifold Air Pressure Sensor (if used?) (Caterham parts lists a 'MAP SENSOR - R400 DURATEC SVA' - that's surely not suggesting it's an SVA requirement is it??)

Any information would be gratefully received.

Many thanks, Adam

Coolant temp is either push in with plastic housing or screw in in ally outlet, both Ford

I think they now use a Ford lambda on everything

The MAP sensor is required and is a TMAP incorporating the air temp sensor, again Ford

Oil pressure and gauge coolant is whatever Caterham use now, best to get whatever matches your gauges

It well could be either, a couple of years ago the Rover ones were getting pricey and the Ford were much cheaper.

It will be obvious from the plug on the loom which of the two to pick. Ford has a roundish plug with pins stacked and a green blue colour I think. Rover is flat with pins in line and is black.