Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chain hoist - FREE

paul richards

• Area Representative

Chain hoist which I have used for many years to lift engines. Now surplus to requirements and free to anyone who can make use of it. You just need somewhere to hang it from. Heavy so collection from North Manchester or I can take to AR meeting in 2 weeks time. 

• Area Representative

Hi James 

Apologies for delay in responding. Not sure whether you are concerned about it needing to be very high or not. Hoist is currently hanging from a timber beam in my garage. Beam is  just over 7 feet high. The body of the hoist (hanging below the beam) is around 9 inches. It could work from a lower fitting (probably less than 6 feet) and as there is plenty of chain length could work from much higher (possibly as high as 10 feet). Quite happy to bring it along to conference for you to view. I could throw in the tip, but it would be a shame to do so as I'm sure it will be useful to someone. 

I will e-mail you a couple of pictures.

• Leadership Team

Hi Paul

Thanks.  The beam in my garage is quite high so that sounds promising.  But I will have to check (tomorrow now) that it doesn't sit at the apex of the roof (with no room above it for the chain to pass through).  But if the beam arrangement is suitable I'd like to take it, please, and in return I'd make a contribution to RaD.

James