Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Castle Combe - I'm on the standby list :-(

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Got an email today to say that it's oversubscribed and I'm S11 on the standby list - needs 11 people to withdraw if I'm to get a place. *grumpy* I got my entry acknowledgement on 7th June so not like I was proper last minute. 

5/16/2017 17:53:02 Clive Marsden 1

5/16/2017 18:12:42 Chris Bramall 2

5/16/2017 18:59:18 Dan Malkin 3

5/16/2017 19:05:38 Roger Legg 4

5/16/2017 20:30:23 Graham Denholm 5

5/17/2017 10:15:01 Andrew Willoughby 6

5/17/2017 21:58:03 Chris Alston 7

5/18/2017 9:59:19 Robert Margel 8

5/20/2017 8:55:31 Grahame Wardall 9

5/26/2017 Tony Smith 10

5/30/2017 8:04:23 JEREMY DAVIES 11

06/01/2017 08:02 Chris Whitlow 12 S2

06/01/2017 21:44 Simon Harrison-Moore 13 S4

06/01/2017 22:23 Ian Jones 14 S5

06/06/2017 Simon Rogers 15 S9

06/07/2017 Gillian Elwell 16 Shaun Elwell S10

06/07/2017 Shaun Elwell 17 Gill Elwell S11

07/03/2017 Philip Matchwick 18 S14

I know it's my fault,but had not  realised close of entries and  I might miss date so drove to Bristol and posted entry by hand,to entry sec letterbox,so not to miss last entry, a wasted effort as now no 14 reserve, and I have a track day booked at Track on the Friday, now waste of money,as no refund and we now have Championship round with 11 entries, feeling upset over my own stupidity, and just a little bit peeved that I have managed to miss the closest event to my home and the club has the lowest entry of the year!!!!!  *curse*

Philip

As 14 reserve , have given up, and asked for refund, sold my track day to Graham, and entered Three SIsters on Sunday 30/07, to use as practise for our event,  still peeved at missing championship round and will miss the fun, but I accept this is my own fault , but allowing 11 entries for a championship round is taking the p###, and I am sure Chris will point out to the organising club. And a hi to NIgel Fox, please look after me as I do not speak the language and confuse left and right and Thee SIsters looks very confusing.      *soapbox*

Philip

Like Shaun I thought my entry had been accepted given the wording of the acknowledment email.

I have asked to remain on the shortlist but politely suggested they change the wording of their emails in future as if I had been told at the time I would have had time to withdraw and enter elsewhere.  Now that is too late.  Not good form.

To be fair... I am entered and accepted but am doing it to experience Coombe and tick it off the list - my local track...

I'm not holding out much hope of a clear day/ lots of runs and the usual crack with fellow competitors given our lack of entries and the number of actual entries...

I don't think that given the number of entries  -we would miss going to Coombe in future. It's an interesting circuit, but not a great one, plus it's not an event that would necessarily encourage new blood into the championship...

However - it must be an near impossible task for  Chris and the management team to find venues and events that will cater for the normal numbers of entries that we require... a task I don't envy!

I'm also fortunate to have received an entry and I quite like the circuit as I gives th car an opportunity to stretch its legs compared to say Curborough. Looking back through the historical records it was always very well supported:

2010 - 42 entries, 2011 - 34, 2012 - 34 and then a drop to 19 in 2013 and just 16 last year.

I don't recall comments about lack of entries last year, so I wonder if CC invited more clubs this year as we appeared to no longer support it in numbers, or is it just that it is now unpopular to most competitors.

Gent's,

The issue with CastleCombe appears to be partly how quick or how slow entries are made.

This event is always popular and the Bristol MC have a straight forward way to allocate.

Entries made upto the closing date are allocated to each championship or allocated club upto there maximum number in the SR's.

After the closing date all unallocated entries are allocated in strict date & time order.

A few years ago for many events you had to be quick off the mark in order to gain a entry, the 11 from us on the entry list were all with the first two weeks after the entry form was sent out. 7 entered within the first two days. Lately with a lower number of entries we have had competitors being caught out when they have held off entering.

If Castle Combe does remain on the calendar for next year, competitors would need to be more prompt if they want to have the best chance of an entry and retaining the event on the calendar for the longer term. I will be have discussions with Bristol MC however, i'm sure they have applied the same rules to everyone,

If you look at both the Porsche & Classic Marques they both have significantly more entries, becasue they actually entered earlier.......