Click here if you are having website access problems ×

replacing b/disks

Phil

I need some advice please on how to replace the brake disks front and rear on my 1700ss dedion 1990, at the front the disks seem to be bolted to the back of the alloy hub and I need to know how to remove then please and are the rear as I have not looked yet, the same. On the rear callipers I understand a wind back tool is required to fit new pads, is this the ABS service tool for Fords or the little square box tool type? The reason for this is I have purchased a full set of EBC grooved and dimpled disks and a full set of green pads for road use only, thanks for any help given.

To remove the front discs you have to remove the caliper, then undo the wheel bearing and the the hub/disc assemby comes off. There are then 4 bolts holding the disc to the hub.

When refitting make sure that all the mating surfaces are clean and that you clean the discs with brake cleaner/degreaser to remove any sh!t left over.

I've fitted the EBC drilled/grooved to my car but used Mintes 1144 pads.

Gareth

Blue and Carbon Supersport

Back's similar but more difficult to get it off the car to start with. Loosen the big nut on the drive shaft (big torgue and LH thread on ..... one side, forget which). Take the caliper off. Undo the bearing carrier from the ear and pull the driveshaft, hub and brake disc out from the car. Then you can fully undo the big nut and take the hub and brake disc off the drive shaft. The brake disc is then held on with four bolts the same as the front.

Large nut on rear is 41mm and is left hand thread on nearside of car.

No need to remove half shafts. In fact they are a push in fit in the diff and if you remove will lose gear oil. When caliper is removed And you'll probably have to remove brake pipe to do this (assuming rigid pipe has not been replaced by flexible hose), the disc and hub will then simply pull off the splines of the drive shaft. Replacement is reversal of removal, but need to tighten 41mm nuts to 200 lbs ft torque - that's a lot.

Paul R.

C7PPR

K series that starts when hot!!