Click here if you are having website access problems ×

cut offswitch fitting to 2003 k series

lotusdave

If this is for a six terminal FIA switch contact 2 goes between some hard to find wires that are buried in the loom somewhere in front of the heater. There is a guide on how to do this on this site somewhere (not the forum). There is probably more than one way to do it but running wires to the ignition switch sounds odd.

According to the wiring diagram that came with my original switch one side of contact 2 goes to Kontak Anahtari and the other goes to Indiksiyon Bobini.

Wiring guide here: https://www.lotus7.club/guides/how-guides/fitting-battery-master-switch

My notes say that contact 1 is "W" in the guide and that 2 is "Z" in the guide.

From looking at various harness/loom diagrams I think the purple wire ends up at fuse 14 and the brown goes to P7 of C4 of the MFRU. All I know for certain is that I had to dig open a wiring loom somewhere in front of the heater and there I found two wires joined together. I think they were differently coloured which may be one purple and one brown as mentioned in the guide. I then broke the connection and routed it via contact 2 on the switch.

yes have wiring diagram but it does,ent show everything, what i have found is the brown wire with pink  tracer which is from the coil connector which has a white thin wire with black tracer next to it goes to the mfu i think that is the wire to splice into , as the purple wire in the loom that is referred to above on my car is the ecu wire and goes to fuse box and is a lot thicker than all the rest and i dont think is the one

david 

I'm trying to understand where you've got to in Shaun's Guide, is it step 6.2?

Rover K Series Cars
Disconnect the purple power lead in the main loop from the brown lead in the engine loom. Extend and connect the purple lead to one side of the terminal Z on the battery master switch. Extend and connect the brown wire to the other terminal Z on the battery master switch.

Jonathan