Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Connecting DRE shift lights to 2013 Sigma car

Bert320

Hi all,

I have a set of the DRE shift lights to install on my 2013 Sigma engined car, has anyone already done this that could tell me the exact wires to connect to on the car?  Ideally referencing the Caterham wiring diagram would be excellent.

Thanks

Hi Jonathan,

I do have the instructions and the basic loom diagram, unfortunately my car doesn't have the prepared connector.

Trying to save myself time and pain if someone already has the information - why reinvent the wheel :-)

When I put a shift light into my 2011 Sigma there was no pre wired connection, so I created my own loom to sit between the engine loom and chassis loom where I picked up the tacho pulse, power I got using a piggy back fuse, which I also used to power the shift light and the earth was a simple eyelet to the nearest ground point.  By using a male and female connector to get that tacho feed I managed to do my install without damaging the original loom and allowing the work to be reversed if ever needed.  I know it's a bit over engineered but that's my way.

Does this unit need only three connections: power feed, earth and signal? As ChrisC says the first two can come from any convenient fused switched feed and earth wire or earth point. 

Have you identified the wires on the shift unit and the signal wire at the rev counter?

As ChrisC also suggests I'd prefer a solution that can be removed. I wouldn't use ScotchLok connectors and I don't like soldering on cars.

If you release the rev counter from the dashboard and have a look at the back how are the existing wires attached... spade connectors or a proprietary multiway connector?

Jonathan