Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shock lengths- help...

Culminator

I'm in the process of ordering a set of Protech shocks, so I need the correct open and closed lengths so I order the correct ones.

Firstly, the car is a post 96 widetrack (i'm just doing the conversion now) So I know the open length should be 15" but what is the closed length and what is the length of spring?

Rears are incorrect on mine, so I can't measure what I have. They are mid tube mounted and I think I need 440mm eye to eye open, but what is closed measurement and what spring lengths?

Going for 250lb fronts and 150lb rears on VX HPC.

Thanks!!

My front springs are 7 inch and the rears 9 but the rear shocks are underslung .( 2014 chassis )

You will need to be careful using info from anyone not using the same shocks and mounting points you want because the spring length might be determined by the position of the threaded collar on the damper and any limitations as to how far you can move it .. This is especially so on the rear .

Are the spring rates you have chosen matched to the damping rate in the protec damper ? A 150 lb spring on one damper will act completely differently on a " soft " damper to one with more bump resistance . They need to be matched .

i have gone from 350lb rear springs to 140lb ! BUT the new dampers are adjustable and the original ones were not . With the new dampers on full hard ( bump) the 140 lb spring actually feels stiffer than the 350lb ! (Not that I am running it like that ) 

Good luck .