Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Attaching the grille to the nosecone on a 620R

craig2003

Assuming it would be the same as lesser 7s, there should be two holes in the top "ledge" and two slots in the bottom "ledge".  The grille has two prongs on the top, which fit into the holes, and two prongs at the bottom, which fit into the slots. These lower ones are held in place by a couple of clips.

Or is the 620R different?

JV

Craig, if you look at the caterham parts store section relating to the 620R nosecone, it also lists related parts and the grill looks the same as all the other version of grills.

https://caterhamparts.co.uk/nose-cones/6132-nosecone-black.html

And as John says it should just attach by the two long pins going into two holes, then the other two pins in the slots retained by metal spring clips.

I know the 620R nose cone is a differnt shape, but I can't see why it would be any different from the others for mounting the grill?

Out of interest why are you changing yours?

The bottom mesh in front of the oil cooler is fixed ( as is the top vent mesh ) , bonded in with Sikaflex.

The "standard" grille seems to be located with pegs in holes at the bottom and pegs in slots with fixing clips at the top .

Qualified to say i haven't taken it off to look tonight and its surrounded with garage detritus at the moment so not that easy to see .

Should have asked yesterday when i had it off whilst fitting my rather nice 2 way adjustable Penske dampers *woohoo*