Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Really bright oil pressure warning light?

Roger Ford

Does anyone have a recommendation for an oil pressure light that I might actually notice if it comes on in the middle of a race?

Having managed to destroy two bottom ends this year due to oil failures I'm determined to stop it happening again.

A bright light that flashes might be even better, but I don't want to rig up a flasher circuit so it would need to be one with it's own built-in strobe circuit.

I'm considering one of these to replace my Stack MOPG, but it's not cheap, and I'm still not certain I'll notice it flashing.

I originally wanted to fit it just above and in between the tacho and speedo, so directly in line of sight, but it is just a little too big. Instead I'll fix it just to the left of the steering wheel above the wiper/washer switches.

Yes it is indeed surface mountable (and comes with a 3M profiled sticky pad), just a small hole in the dash required for the wiring. The light might even be large enough to cover the hole left by your original warning light, if the location suits?

Cool dash!

Is that your existing warning light above the starter button? Looks a bit like the standard Longacre lamp which I got with the OP warning kit. If so, the LED light you ordered is MILES brighter! You'll have planes trying to land behind you and all sorts...