Click here if you are having website access problems ×

WTD: Windscreen Stanchions

Barkalarr

@Barkalarr: Mine should be fine for powder coating. Whilst changing the windscreen and tensioning and cutting the rubber seal I put a tiny fine scratch on one of mine. Nobody would ever have noticed if I just left it. But no, being a perfectionist and finding myself in the garage with nothing to do I thought "I could polish that out with a bit of fine wet and dry" ... Forgetting of course the obvious that it has an anodised surface finish. It now has no scratch, just a shiny silver patch that stands out a mile away and really annoys me!

@alan c: Are yours in good cosmetic condition? Do you have any pictures? If so I'm happy to buy them and pass mine on to Barkalarr if everyone is happy with that?

Hi I believe they are in good condition I only changed them as I replaced my old screen with a newer anodized one and replaced the mounts at the same time. 

I can take some pictures and send them to you tomorrow if you send me an email address via PM.

Alan

Hi I have replied to PM messages and sent an email with some pictures but not clear if they have actually gone as I am getting an error message.  

I have extracted the stanchions from storage and condition is ok with some marks low down on passenger side where I used to have my tax disc holder. On drivers side there is an additional drilled and tapped hole for a mirror. Done by previous owner and I had forgotten about this as I removed that mirror ten years ago.

So if they are of any use to anyone let me know, no cost, if not I will scrap them.

Alan