Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham 160 dimensions

rj

So the car is right on the maximum width allowable for a Kei car and short enough to comfortably fit inside the 3.4m max allowable length, height wise you could probably get 2 Sevens in, however surely at 80hp it is well outside the 63hp max power limit so a bit like the road tax thing here (where it has low enough emissions for £30 rfl but falls into the sub 1500 group for low volume type approved cars) is it not actually a Kei car in Japan? or is it registered with 63hp and upgraded thereafter?

edit: the much coveted yellow number plate seems to be the visual key and the 160's pictured in Japan seem to bear them.

That's interesting, so a factory built 165 (the European 160 model) could be road registered here in the £30 rfl band, I like it, but it seems an expensive way to get a cheap to run Seven, imagine though yearly running costs of £200 (depending on your insurer... ins + tax) service/maintenance extra, and I thought I was doing well @ £500pa all in. Whichever way you approach it there's a lot of fun to be had for very little money in ongoing costs really and that applies to almost any Seven.