Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fitting Tillett Seats

Throbin

Hi All,

I have a 98 chassis car with lowered floors which I an currently trying to fit Tillett seats. The drivers is done - but was a tight fit. However I cannot see how the passenger one will fit.

I have adjustable rails (I now know about the aluminum rails which may help) but the issue seems to be around the width of the flat portion of the floor and the seat belt anchorage bolts.

The width of the flat portion of floor is 350mm. The O/A width of the seat runners is 355mm - so obvious clash. I presume the aluminum runners are narrower than the adjustables so may cure this issue?

However it still looks like the seat needs to further over towards the tunnel to clear the outer seat belt mounting bolt.

I know there is a fair bit on here about how tight Tilletts are - but I cant find anything with the same issue.

Has anyone hit this snag before and have suggestions to overcome?

Thanks,

Robin.

Can't comment of the passenger side, but to me it sounds like the issue is with having an adjustable runner on the passenger side.

on my recent twenty build, with the 620R Tillets, they really were very easy to fit, but have the aluminium box section for the passenger side, so fixed.

Oh and you can still,get the alloy box section parts too, as I just ordered from the parts site, as I don't like the adjustable heady steel things, so I am fitting them to my drivers side.

If you don't get an easier fix, it is fairly easy to make your own custom alloy box sections. I bought 1" square tube off eBay with 3mm wall thickness. Drilled holes to suit the seat bolts and fixed them to the seat. Dropped the seat in and marked through the floor where the holes are. I then made captive nuts that I riveted inside the tubes, but you could use rivnuts like Caterham if you have the right tool.