Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sadev Downshift

cskip

I have been watching this

of the 620R.  In the video they state that you don't need to use the clutch for downshifts.  

Does the 620R have a throttle-blip fitted as standard?  If so, who is the supplier of the GCU and throttle-blip.  (FYI - the Geartronic easyshift doesn't have a throttle blip capability for a Sadev box)

Or is it a standard feature of the Sadev box that allows clutchless down shifts?

I think you need a lack of mechanical sympathy to downshift without the clutch . I flat shift up on my 620R but always use the clutch on the way down . A bit of rev matching helps on the track but on the road a lazy   attitude is fine .

as far as I know the Geartronics system includes a throttle blipper .

I have the Geartronix paddle shifter with the Sadev and it definitely blips itself on the downshift, no clutch needed up or down.  Shifts are very smooth with a slight lift on the way down while braking. Butter smooth on the way up with the go pedal down hard.   It shifts much better with more revs.  When coming back into the paddock after a session on track, the downshifts are harsh when just idling back down the Pit in lane.

I seem to recall that the MBE ECU is also able to control the blipping, but a little fuzzy on that point.

Tom

I sell a full closed loop flatshift and downshift system.  They were actually the first to develop it in the early part of 2004.

TTT Racing - Swedish company and very good products.

However if it were me I would be using the clutch on downshifts unless competing.

The best step is to go full paddles if you really want seamless shift!

http://www.meteormotorsport.com/technology/closed-loop-flatshift/

Sorry guys I should have been more specific.  I am not interested in the paddle shift system, clearly they normally have a throttle blip.  In the video the car is using a manual shifter, which I guess is using a flat shifter, possibly the Geartronic Easyshift.  So I am curious as to the statement that clutchless downshifts are an option with a manual shifter with a Sadev box?

Yes any sequential will be capable of clutch less down shifts. So is a H pattern.  Of course the sequential will be easier as its a faster change .

the Flatshift is a feature of the MBE 9A4 and no additional box or add-on is required.  It can not blip though. You need a 998 additional GCU or the full 9A9.