Click here if you are having website access problems ×

PMR radio

Nigel R300

HI Nigel,

A few of us use the Baofeng UV-5R https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaoFeng-UV-5R-136-174-400-480-Dual-Band/dp/B007HH6RR4/ 

And I really like the Microcom3 earsets from Sensorcom www.sensorcom.com
I recommend the custom moulded eartips for them that you can get done at Sensorcom in Beckenham as well *wink*

They are generally linked together via an intercom unit such as a Starcom Digital

It could be possible to use a PMR radio and just the Microcom3, with a Push-to-Talk (PTT) button but you'd ned to ask Sensorcom to fit the plug for the PMR and a lead to a PTT button (if you ring Sensorcom ask for Howard and mention my name *wink* ). If they have problems I may be able to help.

I am using the Baofeng UV-5R Ian mentions with my Starcom digital. The push to talk button and Kenwood cable from Starcom cost twice as much as the radio did, but it works well.

For a headset, I used the Starcom open face kit and fitted it into the green 3m peltor ear defenders.

thanks for the replies I have order a Beofeng uv 5r  and have the starcom  digital via an eBay purchase 

Ian are you going to the plough on Tuesday if so could I have a look at your headset before I make a decision  also would appreciate advise regarding connecting it all together

Thanks

Nigel