Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Skoda Superb 2.0TDi 170bhp Elegance hatchback (late 2008)

AntonyH

Currently on 98,000 miles and we said we'd keep it to about 100,000.

2008 on a 58 plate.

Mrs H's business transport, but also our daily driver.

Full main dealer (Bickerton's Skoda, Sheffield) service history.

Two owners; first had it for about 8 months (he typically buys a new car at least once a year, i.e. money no object). Since then we've also maintained and serviced it regardless of cost; it's never even had budget tyres.

The majority of its most recent 90,000 miles have been motorway cruising.

Black, with factory-original lightly tinted rear glass ("privacy glass", Skoda call it, as a factory option - it's not drug-dealer blacked out or anything silly).

170bhp diesel, six speed manual box, pulls like a train and will add pace past 100mph without fuss or any appreciable increase in noise, should you find yourself on an empty autobahn.

Mrs H gets comfortably over 50mpg from it (more like 60mpg on a motorway), I get... er... nearly 50mpg, mostly.

Lots of toys and comfort:

Front and rear parking sensors;

Auto-park (yes, it will reverse park for you if asked);

CD / DVD / MP3 / SatNav (all of Western Europe) touchscreen system with internal hard disk and SD card slot, plus a 3.5mm line in jack socket in the centre cubby;

Black leather seats all round;

Electric adjustable front seats (fore/aft, seat height, seat tilt, back recline, lumbar support), with 3 memory settings on the driver's side;

Electric heated front seats (3 heat settings);

5 seats all with adjustable head rests and 3-point belts (i.e. the rear centre seat has a proper belt, not just a silly lap belt);

Reach/rake/height adjustable steering wheel;

Twin zone climate control with various vents in the back;

Twin-lift boot (boot lid or full hatch);

Cavernous boot;

Massive front and rear legroom (even with a 6'2" bloke like me in the front there's space for another me in the back, with space to spare);

ISOFIX child seat mounts;

Automatic wipers (if you want them to be);

Automatic lights (if you want them to be) with front and rear fogs, 'puddle lights' under the door mirrors and 'welcome home' lights that stay on for an adjustable period after locking in the dark so you can see your way to the front door;

Pre-DRL but can be set to always run with dipped headlights (has the advantage of also putting the tail lights on);

Bi-Xenon headlights which are outrageously good and auto-adjust to point in slightly different places based on speed of travel;

Headlights can be reset to continental setting (i.e. point the other way) with a couple of button clicks while you're on the ferry/shuttle to France;

Selectable speed warning;

Adjustable cruise control;

12V outlets in the front, and the rear, and in the boot;

rSAP bluetooth phone integration;

Voice-controlled phone operation;

Expected controls for phone and audio on the steering wheel;

Even still has the Skoda umbrella in the rear nearside door;

18" alloys (refurbished last year);

All the usual computer aids - ABS, PAS, Stability, etc, electric windows all round (childlockable - driver can disable the rear window buttons), electric adjustable and heated mirrors, fold-in mirror housings, auto-dipping nearside mirror (you select reverse and the mirror will, if set to do so, dip down to show you the nearside rear wheel and surrounding area), anti-hijack autolocking doors (if set to do so), remote central locking with one door / all doors unlock and independent boot release, boot lid auto-lifts on release and auto-settles when you get it mostly shut (no need to slam it!);

Split-fold rear seat complete with centre arm rest (includes cup holders...) and "ski hatch";

Pull-up mesh sunshade screen in the (removable) parcel shelf;

Headlight washers;

Er... plenty more I've probably forgotten. It was the top spec Superb when the first owner bought it (there wasn't a Lauren & Klemment edition at the time) and then he added some optional extras on top.

In its time with us it has been used as a bridal car and also in a funeral cortege and hasn't disgraced or even looked out of place in either role. All-round it's an excellent car - one might even say "Superb" (you'll note that Trading Standards have never complained to Skoda about the name...).

We've also used it as a pan-European cruiser and it's taken us to and around France more than once, and to the far side of Italy (get to Slovenia and take three paces back), in reliable comfort, just chewing the miles without complaint and maintaining a steady 18 degrees in the cabin in 30+ Celsius heat, over alpine passes, etc.

We are not smokers, not dog owners and not parents so the car is in excellent condition internally - the rear seats have had minimal use, ever, and the carpets don't have chocolate ground into them.

Paintwork has autoglym "lifeshine" cover so has been kept shiny.

It *does not* have a tow hitch, but these are not hard to acquire and fit (the mounts are all there, I believe) and if you did it would make a very competent tow car.

We're probably looking to replace it within the next month or so, so the mileage will be more like 100,000 when we do, but you are unlikely to find a better-kept example of this particular breed and age.

Offering it here first to club members. Message me for pics or with any other questions.

£6,500