Click here if you are having website access problems ×

caterham fireblade for sale

paul kent

This car can be viewed at the Caterham showroom or on the caterham web site......

CATERHAM FIREBLADE... Professionally built by freestyle motorsport 2002 aluminium/black, as campaigned by Brodie Branch in Caterham club sprint championship, proving itself to be the quickest fireblade car out there. Fully prepared for 2003 season, this car has got to be one of the easiest Caterhams to drive fast, even i can do it !

Please ring Brodie on: +44 (0) 7879 411437 or +44 (0) 1323 870286 for full spec.

PRICED TO SELL.......NOW REDUCED TO JUST 14,500 POUNDS,!

SPEC SHEET DETAILS.................

2002 - Caterham/James Whiting Fireblade Seven.

Black/Alu

2 x single 'Areo' screens race type left/right

honeycomb boot floor.

full tonneau cover with race type half doors & boot cover.

double FIA cut out switches

full fire extinguisher system to engine/cockpit/fuel tank.

central, side mirrors - F1 type.

FIA roll bar with head restraint & Petty bar.

FIA approved rear fog light.

Momo suede 260mm steering wheel.

2 x 4-point harnesses.

Seven grill with 'SS' stone guard.

Alu quick release fuel filler cap.

Wide track front suspenssion.

'AVO' adjustable shock absorbers + adjustable platforms.

Corner weighted 385Kgs dry weight

22% quick rack.

Quaife LSD - axle built new by SPC (Caterhams supplier) with spherical 'A' frame joints.

2 x sets minilite type 6x13 wheels.

1 x set lightly scrubbed 'ACB10' soft compound - for sprints.

'98' Engine brand new 2002, from the same batch as James Whiting

Dry sump oil system.

K&N filter system.

Dynojet kit.

Very tractable & 100% reliable.

James Whiting 'Reverser' gearbox.

Priced @ GBP sterling 14,500

Edited by - paul kent on 9 Feb 2003 15:38:05

Edited by - paul kent on 20 Feb 2003 21:34:18

Edited by - paul kent on 5 Apr 2003 18:38:22 *confused*

Edited by - paul kent on 21 Apr 2003 11:19:38

Edited by - paul kent on 26 Apr 2003 22:06:24

Paul

Probably no good to you - but I am interested in a bike engined Caterham to replace my 1400SS K series - only problem is I am living in Latin America - but expect to be back in UK again sometime in 2Q - unless the crazy man running Venezuela forces us out again before then. May visit sometime in March/April. No good to me here as there is no petrol left in the country. If you have a spec you can email - please send to cmchapman@aol.com

thanks

Colin

Will advise as soon as I have a date for trip back. The chap with the grenade has not helped as BA have now stopped flights from Caracas while they try to help ighten airport security here...please email me with location of car as a friend may be able to come over to give it a once over (he is just finishing building his).

thanks

Colin

We are located in the south of England in the Eastbourne area, and im sure that Brodie will make himself & the car available to suit.

Yes the grenade incident caused major disruption at Gatwick as we are already under high alert with tanks & troups at all major airports.

anyway keep in touch.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Colin,

I have spoken to Brodie and he advises me that both he and the car will be out at silverstone on the 1st march, so if you can make it back by then you can see it in action, whatever i suggest you ring Brodie +44 1323 870286 or on his mobile : +44 (0)7879 411437 or try a text message........

regards

Paul...

You are of course absolutely correct - but it is not the only reason - however it does have some significant disadvantages:

1) Most enquiries to Lotus or Caterham related businesses are greeted with assumption that I am winding them up.

2) Circulating at the back of the pack in races gives commentators plenty of ammunition...but generally they have been reasonably kind!

I can just about cope though!

Colin *wink*

sad bit was that I was even born in 57 which I think was the year the 7 first appeared...or close anyway....family history of go-karts, scrambling, trials and sprinting probably provided the connection and source of inspiration to Mum and Dad for the "handle" - my only recollection of the man was that (when I was a pretty average motocross competitor) he could not see what great commercial advantages could accrue to Lotus from sponsoring me.... despite a very nice letter ....at least he was gifted in other ways...

I can also vouch for this Colin Chapman's existance as by coincidence my brother (who also had a Caterham 7) sat next to him last year on a flight to Latin American and collected his business card *eek*.

Colin, I have a Caterham FireBlade if you want to check it out or ask any questions next time your passing this way in the UK.

Best regards, Andrew

Andrew - moving back to UK over next few months - really appreciate the offer - will email you once my plans are more defined and see what we can arrange. I am lusting after a bike engined car without ever having tried one!

cheers

Colin

PS further evidence that I am real not imaginary is available in the club sprint results from 2000 - but do not look at the top of the listings.

*confused*

• 1 month later...

Paul

I am back in the Uk for a week or so and planning to go to Castle Coombe on Saturday (CCC Action Day) just to give my rarely driven machine a bit of cobweb removal treatment - if the car just happened to be there for a test I would be a willing testee!! Still seriously planning to own a BEC within the next month or so but unlikely to have time to get to Caterhams assuming the car is still there.

Can get hold of me on 01249 654300

cheers

Colin