Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Cycle wing fixing for IVA

Mucus72

Just a quick query as I may buy Tiggers BigHeads in for sale section. I don't want any screw heads visible when I affix the front wings. It will be a new build, so I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with big heads fixed on with Sikaflex. It seems a neater potential solution than just Sikaflex alone, and may ease alignment of the wings. 

Welcome POBC thoughts....

Are Tywraps acceptable for IVA ?

I  have used Bigheads and the Adhesive sold by ECF to attach my wings as I like the ability to take them and the wing stays off without splitting the top Ball joint.

(But I have not been through IVA like that)

• Area Representative

Bonded my carbon cycles on with Tiger which is similar to Sikaflex (silicone with super glue).

Don't forget to strip back the powder coating to bare metal (I know!) & use a three point (diamond) file to criss-cross the stay with light grooves. And as always de-grease properly. 

Had no problem at the IVA. Just fit them as per the Manual or take a look at the IVA handbook for correct positioning.

• Leadership Team

Mine went through IVA (not SVA) in June 2012 like that, although cant speak for any changes that may have taken place since then (or "local variations").