Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sigma Stall.

Dorset7

That doesn't ring very true for me.

I would assume that the lights were designed so that the don't load the tacho line enough to affect it's original function, would be pretty design practice if not. In which case the ECU won't even know they're installed. And even if it did, it's only the tacho output, I wouldn't expect that to be able to bring the whole ECU down. Might make the tacho misbehave at worst.

Yes I agree. If this is caused by the shift lights then I would say the shift lights are probably faulty. Perhaps shorting the +ve onto the tacho feed causing the ECU to cut out?

I'm sure SBD know their stuff but.. "ECU needs to be configured for the additional item".  That is complete nonsense. 

• Area Representative

I have the DRE shift lights installed for about 4 years on my Sigma 150 in exactly the same way with the feed from the tacho and have never had any problems, so I agree that the ECU issue is probably a red herring.

Iain

I think you're right - having done some extensive searching and testing it looks like the ignition circuit relay in the immobiliser could well be the culprit.

My ECU is currently with Mick Attree for testing and a remap to ensure it has no faults and a new immobiliser is being fitted next Wednesday, hopefully this should clear it up and the car will be running again!

I've just been working on my car and playing around in Easimap and discovered a very useful troubleshooting / diagnostic tool that I didn't know it had.  Obviously this is only useful when you get your hands on the necessary cable..

There is a panel called "Reset Count", this displays a number and that number increments by one each time the ECU loses power - even momentarily.  You can see it working by switching the ignition on and off.  If you witness that number increment at the same time as your car cuts out then you know there is an intermittent wiring problem somewhere on the +ve or earth lines.