Click here if you are having website access problems ×

3M Paint protection film

Rusty Nuts Garage

Don't know of a video, but the key question (for me, at least) would be how much DIY do you want to do?  Compound curves (like the nosecone and rear wings) can be very tricky unless you have a good deal of experience.  OTOH, flat surfaces (such as side skins) or simple curves (bonnet corners) are relatively a doddle.  When I built my current 7, I opted for an expert to visit to do the really curvy bits.  After the car's recent respray, I did the sideskins myself and found it very straightforward.

JV

Thanks JV,

Yes, I would tend to agree with that. Every owner I've met thus far, has been keen to have the stuff on the car and for the most part has done the same thing.  I will apply it myself to the rear arches and to the front of the cycle wings and see how I get on.

I would like to watch an expert apply the film on a nosecone!

Cheers

Keith

• 7 months later...

Having just started my 420R kit I am considering film protection and came across this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00EOLFUC4/ref=pd_aw_sim_sbs_263_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Yt8XdWkvL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL130_SR130%2C126_&refRID=YW8DHZMSMBSJAZKMYWYF

Thanks L7VCT for the UTube link - daunting but I think I'll give it a go with the TIS film available from Amazon.