Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear exit exhaust

Barkalarr

I'm looking for a rear exit exhaust silencer for my r300 K.

i can get hold of a rear box but could do with some pictures of the rear exit exhaust system so I can work out how to have it fabricated.

I'm currently at 101.5db @6000 and need to be a bit quieter for Bedford and have a decat pipe to install too.

If it is a fully welded and sealed CC original ..... it will be full of stainless steel wire ..... which doesn't burn away, but doesn't absorb noise very well either. If so, you could cut an end off and replace with fibreglass strands or Acoustafil matting then re-attach end cap.

Neil, do what Ian says above. I'm still using a 6" Caterham/Cheesman silencer, but hacked it about to save weight, got a friend to make up a lightweight ally sleeve and I used Acousta-Fil, which is brilliant stuff. It's always around 94-96db at 4500-5500rpm, so static at Bedford isn't a problem. I still limit myself to around 7200-7300rpm there, depending on wind direction, as I get the NOISE board if I'm in a pack of cars and get a bit excited.

• Area Representative

Thats an interesting idea as I too have an issue with mine, std crossflow side exhaust reading 101Db at snetterton and like Neil I need to reduce this if I can. Does the acousta-fill make any changes to the power output at all?