Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series R400 Noise level

K16TOY

Going on the Brands GP later in the month so just re packed the exhaust and is now reading 96db at 6,000 revs but I am unsure about the drive by as the limit is 91db.

Has anyone had any issues with the drive by limits?

There was a 620R at the Brands GP day I did last month and that got pulled up on the driveby later on in the day. It was running a rear silencer as well. I don't think you'll have any issues there either (unlike the 800bhp turbo nutter GTRs that had to "back off", which is boring), but at least you'll get a warning, rather than being sent home straight away like Bedford if you buzz the meters.

Hi

I have a sister car R400 (same colour I think, Audi Kingfisher blue ?), but mine is a bit noisier.

Was tested at goodwood recently at 100db @ 5400, it does pop and bang a bit with no load, but was fine on the track no issues at all with drive by noise when other cars were being pulled.

I am at Brands on the evening of 28th so hoping all will be ok.

What silencer do you run and what do you use to repack ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark,

Just realised the reading was at 1 metre and have been advised the reading at 50cm would be nearer 98db.

The car is fitted with the large 7" track day Caterham repackable exhaust packed with standard e glass, I have just fitted a carbon airbox so will test again at the weekend.

From memory just over 2 packs, I forget how much is in a pack, making sure all the joints are sealed has made a huge difference to reducing pops and bangs on the overrun.

mankee do you have any tips for packing acousta fil? Do you wrap with wire wool first?