Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Upton Snodsbury

StuB

Heading home from the Throckmorton airshow spotted F7 JON and R400 NOT as I approach the junction of the A422.  Then saw F7 JON a car behind into Redditch, gave you a wave as we approached the McDonalds island.

*byebye*

Stu

Heading home 

*wavey*

Hello Stu, thanks for the wave *smile*

Was just finishing a blat with the chap that bought my old Superlight a few months back and when you saw me at the McDonalds roundabout  and I was virtually at home.

I hear from my wife that traffic was bad for Throckmorton, you get stuck? My wife went over to her flying club at Wellesbourne to see the Vulcan fly over.

John

Hi John,

We got stuck for about an hour on the way in on the Evesham to Worcester road.  Luckily my co-pilot found us a short cut or we would have been in the traffic for at least another 30 minutes.

Can you ask your wife if the Vulcan is due in to (or over) Wellesbourne next Saturday?  I thought the commentator mentioned something about that yesterday but I can't find any info on the web.  We have a family gathering at Charlcote next Saturday and it would be great to catch another glimpse of the mighty Vulcan.

Stu

Hi Stu,

Spoken to the boss *whistle* and I am told.

14th June Wellesbourne has a Wings & Wheels event where the resident Vulcan XM655 will do its high speed taxi run so that could work for your family bash at Charlecote.

28th June there is flyover as part of the V force tour.

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/news/671/82/Locations-for-V-Force-Tour.html

Hope this helps

John

Stu, no problem glad you got the right dates now!

i have seen XM655 start up and taxi at Wellesbourne quite a few times, I am sure you will enjoy the day!

john no problems, that's nothing compared to the errors I have made when suffering with jet lag, but that's a whole different story, to be shared over a beer nest time we meet up!

cheers guys!