Click here if you are having website access problems ×

pictures of the new 620r rear exhaust system

robmar

I dont have a picture to hand but the pipe exits the side silencer and then turns down and under the car at the point the front arch meets the side skin . It then runs in line with the bottom chassis member that " trims " the bottom of the wheel arch opening ( the skinny member the ARB often fixes to ) .

Its like the picture posted in the link above but it doesnt dog leg that far under the car ( no need for the de dion suspension arrangement ) .

I havent had any ground clearance issues , the lowest bit is behind the wheel so speed humps and the like pose no issues as the wheel just lifts the low point up at the appropriate time .

Rob,

Here is a photo of the rear: https://csr175.files.wordpressT.com/2013/10/img_1048.jpg

And of the side. As MarkW suggested, the pipe sweeps down and under the car just in front of the rear wheel: https://csr175.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/img_1306.jpg

The photo is of an installation with a fully independent rear and it does come across enough to be even with the rear wishbone pivot. It does keep the noise levels down really well - easy talking at freeway speeds, but it does add some weight...

I have my car setup with 3 3/8" clearance at the front of the sump (lowest point) and the lowest part of the exhaust is just at the front of the rear wheel at 3 1/2".

Mark

Rob,

Thanks for correcting, glad it was useful. No idea how that happened as I copy/pasted from the browser.

I have been reading more posts on Blatchat related to noise levels and limits on track. Not something that is currently being pushed in the U.S. This rear exit approach seems to be the cleanest approach to achieving lower noise levels without some much fancier, and costly exhaust/silencer configuration as seen on Caterham's 485 export model.

Mark

Louis,

CBS as stated. Here is the link to the relevant blog page https://csr175.wordpress.com/2013/08/31/high-level-brake-light/

I did drill the roll bar. Well it is not the FIA approved one and if I roll the car I figured 4 small holes (one for the wire) were not going to make any difference! (I hope that does not invite open season on all the reasons one should not drill a roll bar - just my choice).

No in-line resistors required, just plugs right in.

The light was spaced off the roll bar with 3 small spacers so everything lines up square. Works great and shines nicely though the clear rear panel on an SBF7 half hood. So far none of the giant trucks/SUVs that are common here have rolled over me... *yikes*

Mark