Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Raising funds for modifications to labour ward in Edinburgh

charlie_pank

We lost our second son, Bertie in May 2013. Because he was ill we knew he wasn’t going to survive being born, but the maternity ward was still the safest place for Helen to give birth to him.

If you’re in hospital to lose a baby, the last thing you want is to see/hear happy families and newborn babies on the maternity ward. We realised that we can solve this problem. My wife, Helen has organised with SiMBA to make some modifications to one of the rooms on the maternity ward at the Royal Infirmary in Edinburgh – it will be soundproofed and a separate entrance will be built so that bereaved parents don’t have to walk through the maternity ward to get to it.

The work will cost £25,000. We’re trying to raise £10,000, the rest of the cost will be met by a private fund in memory of another baby who died.

Sadly you almost certainly know someone who has lost a baby. When it happened to us, people asked what they could do to help, the answer is to donate to this appeal. It won’t help us, but it will help hundreds of other families in what will probably be their darkest days.

It won’t be a surprise to those of you who know me that I don’t have enough friends to raise £10,000 so if you do want to help us with this appeal, please forward the link on to your contacts and ask them to do the same.

To donate please visit this page:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=forBertie