Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Superlight No 157, 1.8 R300K spec with Dry Sump **SOLD**

AndrewGP

**SOLD**

Due to an impending house purchase opportunity which I cannot pass up, my Caterham Seven is very regretfully up for sale. I had intended to keep it indefinitely and as such it has been cherished and upgraded to where it is today with a view to long term ownership. It has only been driven in the wet a handful of times during my 4 years of ownership and I have only done 1 trackday. The car has been fastidiously maintained and loved and I will be deeply saddened to see it go. I am the 3rd owner and the odometer shows just over 39k miles.

The car was upgraded from its original 1.6 Superlight specification by Caterham in 2004 with the Caterham Supersport R conversion which made it identical to the R300 with a 1.8K Series on Roller Barrel Throotle Bodies. During my ownership I upgraded the engine further with Omega Forged Pistons and the Easiclean External Tank Dry Sump System. Overall, it is in very good overall physical condition and absolutely perfect mechanical condition. It has mainly been used for Sunday morning runs out during the Summer and is SORN’d over the winter.

The car benefited from a major refresh last winter which took 6 months and covered pretty much every aspect of the car. The front and rear suspension were refreshed by Bilstein, powerflex bushes fitted and everything repowdercoated. The Dry Sump system was fitted and the 6 Speed gearbox refreshed by Phil at Road and Race. The chassis bars and grot traps were cleaned and repainted were necessary and the uprated front hubs fitted. Practically all the nuts and bolts were changed and hundreds of minor parts fitted with new ones. If you search for Caterham Superlight 157 you will see the PH thread which details all the work done.

Spec:

Superlight No 157 registered Aug 2001

Mango Yellow Paintwork

Carbon Rear Wings (Painted)

Carbon Front Wings (Unpainted)

Carbon Dash

Carbon Nosecone with bare noseband

Double Diagonal Trackday FIA Roolbar

13” Superlight wheels (8” Rear and 6” front)

CR500 Tyres all round

1.8K Series Engine rebuilt by Nigel Keats July 2012 (see below) rated at 160bhp

Dry Sump Oil System

R500 polished 4-1 Exhaust system with Cat and Decat pipes

Think Auto Mechanical OPG

Reconditioned original starter with new solenoid

Relay Mod and new wiring to cure K Click

DRE Shift Lights

CC 6 Speed Gearbox (recently refreshed)

ZF Limited Slip Differential

PVR Clubsport 22 Gel Battery and new wiring

Bespoke Ali Catch Tank

Blue SLS Silicone Hoses

Superlight suspension with refreshed Bilstein dampers & adjustable platforms

Post 2003 Uprated front hubs

AP Racing Big Brakes on the front

New Rear Droplinks

Powerflex Polybushes & New Spherical Joints

Suspension Flat-floored by Solutions Racing 2013

Windscreen and Full sidescreen doors (no hood)

Quick Release Momo Leather Steering Wheel

12v Socket for Satnav etc

Tillet Seats with Oxted trimming Leather Padded Inserts

Immobiliser

Black Aero Filler Cap

C7 HUH numberplate included

Engine Spec

1.8 K Series with CC Roller Barrel Throttle Bodies

Lightweight Flywheel

CC External Easiclean Tank Dry Sump System with Gold Pump

Omega Forged Pistons

Fully Floating Conrods

New Liners

New Vernier Pulleys

New Oil Pump, Water Pump, Cambelt and Tensioner

Full Engine Balance

The engine is superb, very powerful but excellent at low speed due to the mapping by Northampton Motorsport. With the upgraded bottom end it would make an excellent prospect for a more powerful unit with just the head work to be done.

The car has a full history with annual servicing which includes and oil change (Fuchs Supersynth 5w40and OEM filter) and I always carry out a detailed inspection and torque check all the nuts and bolts. I also clean underneath, remove the wheels and clean everything. In addition, I have every single invoice from the original sales paperwork, right to the present day. The MOT expires 17 September 2015.

If you are interested please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I am looking for £19,750.

Please note the aeroscreen is not included in the sale, the windscreen and full doors are now back on the car.

10491150_10204210820883506_6302636494259