Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR scuttle removal

makingff

Following on from my previous thread about my gauges acting strangely by constantly fluctuating, I've come to the conclusion that it may be simpler to remove the scuttle to gain access. I'm also intending on fitting an aero this summer so I can modify the heated screen wires and fit the captive nut brackets at the same time.

A couple of questions.

1. The CSR scuttle looks to be exactly the same as the SV scuttle and, therefore, I assume is removed in the same way (I will be drilling the rivets as there is tons of stuff mounted on the bulkhead). I have the modular dash if that makes any difference.

2. I intend to use rivnuts rather than rivets when replacing the scuttle and notice that there are many types. I believe that I need aluminium M4 countersunk - is this correct? I've also seen rubber rivnuts, has anyone used these before?

Cheers

Simon

Hello Simon, I removed the scuttle of my CSR a few weeks ago because after 9 year I will give it a new colour.

I felt ist was pretty easy. I took it off together with the bulkhead. So there was no need to drill all the bulkhed rivets off only the two rivets left and right. There are the nuts left and right to the frame (2+2) and there are a few screws which hold the bulkhead to the frame. And you have to cut the sealing (assume silicone). I must say  have no heater, but this I assume would not have been difficult either. I have still the inside (footwell) part of the heater box.

Of course You have to remove the wipers, immobilizer box, fuse box. 

If it helps I can make pictures.

good luck

Hanns Per