Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Parts, any interest?

Monte Busa

In the process of upgrading / rebuilding the engine in my S3, I have accumulated a fair amount of parts. Since K Series lumps are not that common in the States, I don't know how much items will be worth, but thought I'd offer them here to see if anyone is interested before they go to the scrap yard / recycler. The engine was in fine running condition when it was torn down for the rebuild. For sale, strictly best offer (I probably won't refuse any reasonable one), though buyer will have to pay actual cost to ship.

- 1.4L K short block, with crank, rods, and pistons installed, otherwise stripped. 
- Stock K head with cam ladder, and valves / seals, otherwise stripped (I may elect to keep this part)
- K Supersport intake plenum and throttle body, with bracketry
- EU2 MEMS ECU and MAP sensor
- Stock (large body) alternator and bracketry
- "Purple" dry sump scavenge pump and fittings with some plumbing bits
- sintered steel cam wheels
- Supersport cams for solid followers

I'll post pictures if there is any interest.

Hi, I might be interested in the cams if the postage doesn't work out too badly and I can get the followers somewhere for a reasonable price. I'll do some research, in the meantime can you let me know what you want for them? Out of interest do you know if they can be used without the corresponding ECU?

I wonder if youll struggle to sell these to the UK market due to postage and the wider availablity of the parts this side of the pond.  I think given the possible future scarcity of K series bits in the US, Id be inclined to keep most of them.  The DS scavenge pump should be attractive to someone - Ive already got one though!

Good luck - tell us about the engine upgrade - what have you done?    

Hi Aric,

I've just looked up the price of a solid tappet conversion..whooah - more than the price of a new set of Piper 270/285 cams.

Given the limitted mods I fancy I think I'll have to get hydraulic cams, thanks anyway though.  The engine is bog standard at the moment but I'm about to do the cambelt which feels like a good opportunity to switch cams as well.

Cheers,James.

No problem Thompster.

TomB - the engine is built on a new (sourced from Dave Andrews) block, VHPD crank, uprated rods, forged pistons, full ported (by Dave) VVC head running BP285H cams and verniers, Jenvey direct to head ITBs with -6AN bespoke fuel rail with Pico injectors, Scouse airbox and trumpets, Emerald M3D, integrating an EU3 MAP sensor for the higher altitude tracks around here, uprated gold Caterham Cars dry sump system, etc, etc.  Hopefully it will make 205 to 210BHP when it's all said and done.  Here's a pic of the progress so far.  Arnie Webb is hooking me up with a uber cool nylon BTCC style cam belt cover soon too.  Can't wait to get it back in the car!

Aric

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/Aric_Streeter/Seven6_zps00ee9899.jpg