Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Porsche 911 coupe, or 964/993 for my 6-speed 7 Superlight

masha

Looking for a swap or possible PX for my very nice top-spec 1.6k full SL spec car with lots of factory-fitted extras, (full black pack, lots of carbon etc). for a well looked after and maintained 911/964/993 Coupe (not interested in Targa's or Cabrios I'm affraid only the Coupe hard-top).

Some other used sports coupe's will be considered: Porsche 968, Exige, BMW M-Coupe, TVR Cerbera, possibly an SLK

If you have something that you think might be of interest and you'd like a light, quick, nimble and well-specced 7 then feel free to drop me a line and request some photos and full spec of the 7.

Matt Stears

ms81@cant.ac.uk

yep moved on from the Elise to Exige and other sport coupe's (although I would go for a mk2 Elise with hard top still). Between us brother and I want one 7 and one sports coupe both to share so we can get out more (and we found we rarely drove both our 7s at the same time - one will suffice).

I did say "possibly" an SLK; these kompressors are tidy durable and secure little tin-tops with a little bit of oomph (or maybe I'm just showing my ageing years now) - I'll be after a Mondeo next (no offence 7ers that happen to be reps. in their day-jobs).

M

If you're going away from the 7 concept then IMHO the only other worthy sportscar there is a Cerbera (of course you'll need to treat yourself to a 2000- 4.5 LW RR version to experience the true TVR effect!!).

A reasonable 4.5LW RR is going to set you back at least £30K and as for running costs it'll be at least 4 times that of your 7 (ignore upgradeitis) - still a fantastic car though.

cheers,

Mike.

i've seen a nice blue w-reg Cerbera 4.5 with on 15k on the clock for £21k. Same money will buy an X-reg Exige, a low miles 911 964 series or a BMW M-Coupe these days so decisions decisions - got to sell the spare 7 first though.

Matt

Masha, that sounds rediculously cheap for a 4.5LW (which it would have to be on a W plate). I would have thought £30+ would be nearer the mark.

Take a look here for some typical examples (and costs).

Don't know if you know much about TVRs but, a bit of advice, don't by a Speed 6 Cerbera *thumbdown*

cheers,

Mike.