Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Area Forum Pages

Comp Scorer

I know many areas have their own facebook page or website to keep routes and movements out of the public domain.

Would it be worth having andThis  is it possible to have an areas section in the forum.

Only areas to which you are subscribed would be displayed and the area pages would not be visible to non members, 

hopefully this would keep current infomation on the forum and available to subscribed area members without having to a) find out about an area page and b) try to subscribe to another website.

Local Area sub-forums were on my spec list, initially so mambers could organise local blats/events/for sales/loans etc in their own Area without getting lost in the main forums.

I wouldn't want it to detract from posting on Chitchat etc, so if it happens it would need to be on a trial basis I guess, as I can't see how you could regulate it to keep "regular" traffic on the main forums.

Any ideas?

I don't think you can regulate area forums just as at present the various area facebook pages and websites are unregulated. I'd much prefer everything to be under one roof so to speak and available to all members who want to opt into an area. For example i'm often dropping into jersey but would not  have the foggiest idea where they meet in that area as its a roaming venue. But my plans arn't firm enough to bother chasing the AR for where the meeting is if i can make it...