Click here if you are having website access problems ×

JPE saddle petrol tank

k.russell

Hi,

I have one in my car and I have never actually seen another one in a car. Andy Wiltshire had one for a while and I saw some photos of it, that is as close as I have come to seeing another one.

Mine was leaking so has been out and back to Arch for repairs and we understand from Bruce that he only made about 25 or so and there are two different types. I have the smaller one which has a capacity of circa 45l, the larger one is probably about 55l.

If you want to know any more send me a BM

ALAN

Not sure if this is what you are after but I have a alloy tank that has been used in the 90's at the 24h of Zolder, it starts before the half shafts and extends over the normal fuel tank, the filler was on the top and there is room for a VDO fuel sender can take a pic if you want.

I am sure Arch would make one but at a cost, I understand they were very expensive to make and this is one of the reasons they stopped doing them. Not certain but I think you might need some other mods if you are changing from a standard tank.

Kev, I have this info ....

The damper turrets on the JPE car are different in order to fit this tank and so some work would have to be done in order to retro fit it to older standard cars.

As I understand it the structure of the damper turrets does not change it is the way they are enclosed. With the smaller tank there are "simple" curved panels that are fixed in with rivets. The larger tank I think covers this area. Other mods would be fixings through the bulkhead and how it is supported. I am sure Arch could do all of that very easily but ££££

• 2 weeks later...

Kev, hi, I have a large Ali tank in mine and very little boot as a consequence as mine was used in competitions etc from new. Its a foam filled tank too about 10 galls.

Happy to send pics if needed if it's an option.

Edited by - Ian R on 20 Jul 2014 23:10:56