Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Drilling new steering wheel

Andy Lef

POBC advice........

What is the best way to accurately drill 3 holes in a new steering wheel to match existing wheel + QR setup?

Any good or tried and tested methods out there?

Many thanks

Edited by - andy lef on 7 Apr 2014 15:23:01

Just about to do this and the wheel i am fitting has a marked position for the centre on the reverse side, So masking tape over the reverse side mark the centre point then a compass to mark out the pcd of the quick release boss then with the compass divide the circumference up for the three holes drill a pilot hole then drill to actual size then countersink if required

Edited by - 2GBR on 7 Apr 2014 16:58:57

my new wheel is a Spa D shaped 255.

tried to apply the suggested Momo template (hoping it might work) not confident enough to go ahead and drill; though.

My old wheel was a racetech (round and 260) centre marker is 1/2cm lower on the centre face than the new Spa wheel.

I find myself pulling faces at the 'pcd measurement thingy' and was wondering whether someone could give me a step by step set of instructions as if it it was being given to janet and john

thank you

Quoting Andy Lef: 
My old wheel was a racetech (round and 260) centre marker is 1/2cm lower on the centre face than the new Spa wheel.
Have you got the centre of the new wheel identified on the side you want to mark up?

Is there a link that would show us the MOMO template you want to use?

Jonathan

Have you got the centre of the new wheel identified on the side you want to mark up?

Is there a link that would show us the MOMO template you want to use?

The Spa wheel has a wheel centre marker and I think I have the old lifeline QR mech (black) if this helps. I can try and post a pic of the new wheel?