Click here if you are having website access problems ×

GoPro settings?

Just got myself a GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition, fitted it to the rollbar and tried it out this afternoon but can only seem to find a "wide angle" mode.

Can anyone tell me the best settings, etc

Thanks,

CycleSi

I think it all depends on what you want from the footage. I am using a super wide on a 20 min loop, because I use it as an independent in car witness. I am not sure what setting I would use it capture track day footage. The GoPro software does a good job of removing the fish eye if thats what your worried about.

I replied to your post on pistonheads, but I'll reply here too.

If you use 1080p/60fps then you'll have a choice of "Narrow", "Medium" and "Wide".

I just find wide a bit too much, while medium gives a nice feeling of speed when watching the video back.

One I took on the weekend in 1080p/60fps with the medium FOV setting:

Thanks for your replies.

FramerateUK - I'll try your settings at Silverstone on Wednesday and let you know how I get on.

Cheers,

Si

Mount was a standard GoPro rollbar mount, stuck right on top of the rollbar.

The mic was one of these, clipped onto my tunnel bag, under the dash just in front of the gear knob. It was cheap and does the job nicely. It might be nice to have one with an adjustable gain/volume control, but I think you'll get a bit of distortion anyway, and for the price, this one works pretty well! You do need the Usb > Mic adapter for a Hero 3 though.

• 4 weeks later...

Quoting FramerateUK: 
Yeah I drilled a hole in mine because the skeleton case didn't exist when the Hero 3 was first released.

Ditto. The case material is easy enough to work with and with a little work with a file you can make a hole that is just big enough to accept the USB connector, leaving a case that is more weather resistant than the full on skeleton case and affords a little more protection to the hdmi port, memory card and built-in mic.

Almost all of my videos are 1080 / Medium (Hero 3), I reckon it's the best option.