Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Resettable Blade Fuses

Gregs79

Hi all,

As a newbie to Caterham ownership I was considering some resettable blade fuses to make life a little less stressful whilst out on the open road! These are the type I was looking at.

Do Caterhams go through fuses quickly, or am I making a mountain out of a mole hill? If they do which are the common fuses that pop? Does anyone else use resettable fuses?!

Thanks in advance.

Gregs

• Support Team

I've replaced all my fuses with resettable ones. Useful for some circuits such as fuel pump and ECU. The nice thing is that it's easy to see which one has tripped rather than pulling various fuses and checking them.

TBH it's a bit of a luxury and probably not really necessary but it has made life easy a couple of times.

But why did it trip? Just because you can reset it doesn't make the fault go away.

It tripped for a reason, something is wrong.

Or of course you could just put a greater capacity fuse in its place. No don't do that, pathway to really bad things.

As said above, save your money, for something more important, think how much heavier those resetable fuses are over conventional fuses.

Nigel.

I have had seven (good number!) Caterhams over 20 years and would echo the thought that fuses blowing has never been a problem. I have occasionally had the symptoms of one going, but it has always either been a relay coming loose, or a fuse shaking itself loose. As the others say, put a few spares in your tool kit to make you feel better - you will never use them!