Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nitrous powered seven !!!

Andy Eakins

No, but I noticed Tesco squirty cream uses Nitros Oxide as a propellent. If I can just figure out a way of stopping the cream blocking the air filter and also face explaining to the checkout girl that I don't run a 'massage' parlour I'll give it a try....

Piers

Over at the Buzzez forum there's a competition to design a 'virtual' car for 1000UKP for fastest standing 1/4 and top speed. The only entrant so far is:

1985 B, Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo.

Availiable in Autrotrader for £550.

200bhp, 227 ft-lbs torque, 137mph, 0-60 7.1, 1/4 15.8 seconds.. Reference = http://www.z31.net/index.html

Tune and Nitrous for the other £450.

£1000 high speed monster, approx 250 - 300 bhp and will last for about 10 miles!. I reckon top end would be close to 150mph and 1/4 mile down to...14 ish....

Game on!

Simon,

Have you had any reply to the price for a K series kit yet as it sounds a bit of fun until I can afford my head work etc.

Also I will have some more photos of my car for you, now that i have got rid of the screen for an aero.

Cheers

Keith

Keith Pickering

superlight T7 KCP

RESPONSE FROM WIZARDS OF NOS

Simon,

Thank you for the interest in our products.

We have a number of customers with the same engine who report good results

from using our systems.

We can offer you a suitable system ( Ecoblaster 100i ) as a diy kit at £489,

which will achieve whatever power level you want ( up to 100+ bhp ).

We start everyone off at 25bhp and increase it to suit your requirements.

We can also offer a range of progressive control units ranging from the

Minimax @ £159 to £389 for the Powamax 700. All our systems deliver

smoother power than US made kits, which makes our systems safer to use.

If you add progressive control it's even better.

All prices are plus postage & vat.

Regards

TREV The WIZARD of NOS

Trev recomended that I get the basic 100bhp kit with a 50bhp jet and a decent controller.

The price for all of that is about £800 so it is not cheap.

They offered me a slight discount for cash.

I am not sure if I want to wait and just get a std NA tune such as TB's and VVC head.

Will have to consult the bank account in a few months!

Simon.

X777CAT

I've been reading tec papers on Nitrous Oxide injection and found it very interesting. Lots of my US collegues have experience but none of my UK based ones but that is in line with the national difference in car tuning.

The physics is easy and convincing. We spend lots of money trying to increase the density of the fuel charge in each cylinder via TBs etc while Nitrous oxide provides the oxygen more densly packed than air without cahnging the delivery geometry. The systems also have the charm that you can switch them off when not required.

There were (still are)several problems but they should be overcome by modern mapped ignition that can use a modified map when the gas is switch on. This would correct the fueling so that the system doesn't run too lean and have pistons being oxidized, it would, I guess, also retard the ignition.

You would need an inlet plenum (manifold)rather than individual TBs for the US systems.

It must be worth some public minded member trying and reporting even if only to burn Alex off (again) at Santa Pod.

There is a book available from Demon Tweeks called "Nitrous Oxide Injection" by David Vizard, quite helpfull, lots of theory in there, it made me understand about the pros, cons and problems associated with NOS-systems. I´ll stick to good old throttle-bodies....