Click here if you are having website access problems ×

rear carbon blocks

dom69

HI

I want to swap the rubber blocks for carbon, is there a way of taking the wires out of the light holders or just cut and re-join by soldering? Also have the fog/reverse light blocks too, the lenses seem to 'rattle' around in them a bit, they are better secured in the original blocks, is this normal? Parts are from carbon mods if this helps

thanks

No. Original RiF.

I have a set of 666 Road Racing blocks to fit to my current 7 this spring (had then since 2011). I’ll be interested to see how they compare with the RiFs, which were excellent.

Edited by - Phil G on 4 Jan 2014 13:01:56

There is a connector from the vehicle loom to the light units inside the skin of the wheel arch- quite easy to access. You can unplug then dismantle this (noting the positions of the pins), then thread to your heart's delight before reassembling the connector; no cutting of blocks required 😔

There can be quite a number of different connector types on Caterhams; however, on mine they were Econoseal 4 pin type (picture No.4). All I had to do was ensure the centre hole in the block was large enough to take the connector - IIRC the RiF blocks came undrilled. The wing already had a sizeable hole so no drilling required there.

With hindsight, I should have done what Gasmaninaseven says and removed the pins from the connector, which would have allowed me to drill a much smaller hole in the block.

A good tip is to cut slots or drill drain holes on the underside. They will collect water!