Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K Series Dry Sump Kit on the way...a couple of questions

AndrewGP

I've got one of the last DS18K dry sump kits coming from CC very soon which I'm quite excited about! My winter jobs list involves hooking the engine and gearbox out as the box is going to R&R for a service. And whilst the engine is out it makes sense to fit the dry sump (passenger footwell will be shortened too). Is this something that is quite straight forward to do myself? I'm reasonably handy with the spanners but any pitfalls that I should be aware of?

Having been through the archives it seems some have had to make up new hoses, some not. My engine is an 1800K with CC roller barrels as per normal R300Ks and the car is an S3. Anyone with a similar setup car to comment?

Also, I understand some dowty washers (26mm?) might be missing, obviously I'll see if any come in the kit. Any other bits missing? Finally will I need to replace my silicone coolant hoses, I've seen dry sump and wet sump sets so have to assume they are different?

Thanks, Andrew

If it is the bellhousing tank, the passenger footwell does not need shortening.

Otherwise I think the installation is quite straightforward.

The issue some had with pipes they were supplied at wrong lengths and getting them made up was quicker than the back order / decide which pipe to send process at CC.

Peter

6sm, this is the external tank kit so I will need to shorten the footwell. It's fine with me though as I very rarely take passengers!

Willie, Tom, depends on who you talk to at CC parts as to the extent of any supply shortages, I was given several slightly different versions. But suffice to say the DS18K kit disappeared from the website a while ago and I was told that the full kit would be very difficult to put together in the future. Individual elements (like the sump pan) I guess are dependant on the stock they have in at the time. I ordered the kit now as I didn't want to risk losing out!