Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hydraulic brake light switch

Drumster

Car is 1993 Supersprint. Brake lights are requiring fairly hefty pressure on pedal to illuminate them. Guess it's time to replace another of the original 20 year parts on the 7.

Does anybody happen to know what the thread is on one of these switches?

• Area Representative

Hi Chris, 3/8" UNF rings a bell. I didn't have any luck with local factors etc. and got mine from CBS in the end. Your 7 is a little newer than mine though, so worth checking.

Cruds

I had exactly the same problem and very similar age car......CBS were the fellas. I found however, the pedal pressure was still more than I liked to operate them. It was OK if you're a brake stomper but reluctant to light when braking lightly.

So I left it in place but extended the wiring and fitted one of CBS' manual switch on the pedal arm. Much better so far and comes on just before breaking effort is applied.

Paul.

I have been reliably informed that it is a good sign that your brake fluid needs renewing. I replaced 2 switches over a very short time. Renewed brake fluid and have had no further trouble. Switches supplied by Camberley Autos Factors. part no. 51610. £10. 42p.