Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HKS Head Gasket

Blokko

So when you answer "Rover K" to the usual "what's under the bonnet then" you normally get HGF mentioned in the next sentence of two.

The guy at the place where I get the 7 MoT'd has mentioned in the past a 'better' head gasket that was fitted to his bosses LR Freeloader after HGF. By chance the same subject cropped up in conversations a couple of times last night at a BBQ (I rocked up in the 7 😬).

The one guy I was talking to is an ex Ralliart mechanic and he specifically mentioned HKS gaskets.

So, what does the massed throng of BC K Series experience and expertise have to say about a precautionary head gasket replacement? Is HGF rare enough that you just take the chance, or is it worth shelling out some £££ now to get a gasket fitted that should eliminate (or greatly reduce) the chance of HGF 🤔

I grit my teeth every time someone asks me what engine I have. I just hate the uneducated "hur, hur, how many head gaskets have done this year". None actually. P1ss off.

Head gasket problems are fairly rare with our cars because we tend to look after them rather than drive them until they break down. My old engine had the original gasket and plastic dowels from when it was built in 1996 until I took it to bits last year, still working fine.