Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2.3 Duratec on Ebay

tangomikeromeo

Thanks for posting that TMR. I am after a 2.3 Dura. but the provenance doesn't seem great and the rally boys are always after these motors. I suspect it will fetch in the region of 5K at least by the end of the auction, with no mention of power or much of what is in the motor.

I have put it on my watch list, so will see how it goes, but Thurso, it's an awful long way to go to get a motor..................................from Somerset!

2.5's are now coming on stream and are even better than the 2.3 by all accounts.

Edited by - Paul Jacobs on 20 Jun 2013 22:52:09

2.5 Duratec is too tall in standard trim, its the variable cam actuator that protrudes off the cam cover that is the problem. I know that people are looking into how to overcome this problem as yet its not solved. Both the bore and stroke are bigger than the 2.3 the bore is up from 87.5 to 100mm and the stroke is 97mm?? I think.

I am told Mountune have got 330bhp 220lb ft out of their NA 2.5l duratec peak power at 7500rpm. The biggest problem is what gearbox would be suitable to cope with this power apart from the megga expensive sequentials which are very noisy, and sound horrible on downshifts.