Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Gearbox Speedo Angle Drive

Sandboy

how annoying!

Rimmer Bros seem to stock one that 'looks' similar and the fact caterham have needed an adaptor collar (71173) probably means the angle drive is off something else. The caterham angle drive photo looks odd as I think the quill is missing (71145)

My engine and box will be out at the weekend so I can get some close up photos / part nos / manf names etc along with dimensions so you can contact Rimmer.

Regards

Ian

Not to worry, thanks anyway. Given the other issues come across I.e. Stripped threads on top wishbone, siezed rear calipers and now play in front bearing cup housings, diverting funds to these instead and Speedo drive will just have to wait, the little holux does a good enough job now.

Is it worth a call to Speedy Cables to see if they can supply the correct angle drive? It might be a Caerbont part.

I'll be removing my speedo and associated bits at some point in the future when I change my gearbox and get rid of stuff I don't need from my dash, so I'll have those bits spare. But judging from the recent pace of tweaking my car, you might be waiting a fair while!

Quoting Sandboy: 
having seen how much cc want for one thought might be worth a try on here, anoyone got a spare one gathering dust?

Just spotted this thread - I've got a right-angle gearbox-speedo drive thing from when I went to an electronic speedo.

If you blatmail me your address then it's yours for whatever you think is an appropriate donation to NtL.

Cheers,

Ben